I decided to create a blog to share the many pictures I take everyday and to also be a little more creative in what I do on a daily basis. Sometimes I feel like my days are pretty boring, but others I feel like I can make beautiful pictures and memories out of. Hope you enjoy!!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Telling A Friend Goodbye...

After losing my mother as a child my prayer has always been that I would never have to say goodbye to a friend or loved one again, or at least for a very long time...
Well a few weeks ago I said goodbye to a lady that I considered a true friend, but it wasn't at a funeral.

In 2008 I was offered a job at a local daycare where I was raised and also where my sister and grandmother worked at the time, so I took it. The lady I was working for had worked there for a while and had recently purchased the daycare. After a few weeks I fell in love with the children and began to love my boss also.

In June of 2009 I was my sister's Maid of Honor and our boss and her dear friend was her Matron of Honor.
I had become close to my boss and I was getting married in 3 months...so I asked her and another friend (who has had lots of experience with weddings) to be my wedding coordinators. And I was so glad I did, they took care of so much for me and really lightened my load that day.
A few months later my sister, our boss and myself played Bunco with a group of ladies at our work. After everyone else had left my boss told me that in September I would no longer be working with the Pre-K class because the previous owner wanted to come back and teach it... I was shocked and blown away with the lack of care of what I thought about it. I was also ticked, I had busted my butt to teach my Pre-K class all they needed to know and she was basically telling me it didn't matter...  after that night she slowly stopped talking to me and seemed to avoid me at any chance she got. I was a little hurt, but brushed it off. I' m quite used to losing friends...

About a month ago my sister and I were called into her office and handed a 2 page letter of complaints from parents...all of the complaints were lies, but she didn't care she simply told us to fix it! She went on vacation the next week and when she came back we went back to her office to tell her exactly what we thought about it. We had found out that it was not several parents complaining it was only two...a co-worker and her best friend...both of their sons were in our class. She told us she was sorry for the way she handled it and pretty much left it at that. That same afternoon my sister, our boss and one of the parents that complained met in my bosses office. The parent chewed my sister out and told her that neither my sister nor I should be teachers because we do not have children and that we are both very immature...our boss...she just sat there...never defended us or asked the parent to not say everything she was. That parent also got mad at me when I deleted her off of facebook that night! haha grow up!!!  My sister called me that night and asked me to come over so we could talk about everything that had happened...I decided to quit that night...but knew that I could not leave my very best buddy before he went to big school...so I stuck it out and gave her my 2 week notice and my last day was the day before big school started. When I gave her my notice I made it very clear that it was her that made my decision to quit so easy. The way she had treated my sister and I and had let another parent treat us. I was heartbroken to leave, but so angry that I could care less...two weeks later I had to tell my kids goodbye, but promised that wouldn't be the last they heard from me...especially my bestest buddy!!

I miss seeing my kids everyday, but have come to realize that I got out of there at the best time possible!!! I am now working for my cousin who owns a daycare in a nearby town and will be starting back to school next week working towards my Special Education Degree!!!

Looking back I am letting a "friend" go, but I know that my future will be just fine without her!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, and thank you for hanging in there for all the kids, especially your bestest buddy! You did an EXCELLENT job of preparing him for his K test. Wow. Highest of praise. If this has prompted you to go back to school, it has been well worth it. You will BE GREAT! I am so proud of you. And, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are very welcome jeanna!!! i feel like i got a lot off my chest tonight by writing this, even though my only 2 followers know this story!! and thank you jeanna!! you gave me that last shove i needed to go back to school and I will always be thankful for that!!!

    ReplyDelete