I decided to create a blog to share the many pictures I take everyday and to also be a little more creative in what I do on a daily basis. Sometimes I feel like my days are pretty boring, but others I feel like I can make beautiful pictures and memories out of. Hope you enjoy!!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Meet Lettie

I can't really remember the first time I saw a pug, but for as long as I can remember I have always wanted one. Most people think they are very ugly, but I absolutely adore them!! After J and I got married, I went to work one day and my boss told me that a friend of hers knew a lady that was wanting to give away her 2 1/2 year old pug and would I want it. I called J right away and asked him if I could have her. Being the one who thinks about long term facts he wasn't so sure about it. But I have a way with him ha ha and talked him into it. He came home that night with a dog bed, food bowls, food and toys. To say the least I was super excited. I got Lettie the next day!!












This was taken the night I got Lettie! She was 22 pounds, which is a little over weight for a Pug!












We got her in January and a few weeks later we took her to the vet and found out she had worms. It broke my heart, but we set up an appointment right away to get it taken care of. The next weekend I noticed that she was coughing a lot more then normal and took her to the vet that day. She had pneumonia...they gave me pills for the pneumonia and pills to get her ready for the heart worm treatment. A few weeks later we took her to the vet to start her treatment. J took her to the vet when i went to work, and I cried telling her I would see her in a few days. I called and checked on her everyday and in a few days J went and picked her up. They all said she did very well and was a great patient. We had to carry her around and keep her locked in the kitchen for the next month. It was pretty bad, I felt so sorry for her. At first she was very calm, but soon got all of her energy back. A month later she was back to her normal self, and to say the least I was very very excited!!!





Lettie after her heart worm treatment and her new toy we got her!!











Lettie sound asleep on the spare bed! This has become her second favorite place to sleep!! She has a very hard life!!




But on my stomach is her favorite place to sleep or just to sit and be loved on!!





She was waiting for me to get off the computer and give her my full attention!! ha ha














To say the least, J and I love Lettie and I count her as my child (J - not so much ha ha)! My life wouldn't be the same without her and I love having her around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment