I decided to create a blog to share the many pictures I take everyday and to also be a little more creative in what I do on a daily basis. Sometimes I feel like my days are pretty boring, but others I feel like I can make beautiful pictures and memories out of. Hope you enjoy!!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

another day...

well...there isn't a lot on my mind tonight except for the fact that I lead a pretty dull life. I'm laying here in bed listening to my husband and Lettie snore, which is a pretty normal thing. And I actually think I'm beginning to get used to it.
Yesterday we bought six dining chairs to refinish to go with a old primitive dining table I inherited.
Like in the last post this table was a find while cleaning at my parent's house, and I was super excited to be able to take it home. I'm not really sure who it belonged to, just know that it was several great-grandparents ago...not sure which side of my Mom's family had passed it down or how many generations it went through before ending up on my parent's back porch for 30 some odd years. It is lime green, and will need stripping, lots of sanding, staining and some love to make it look much better!! I hope to find out this week who it belonged to and maybe even how old it is.
The six chairs we bought don't match - which I love. Four of the chairs still have stickers and metal tags on them that say they once belonged to the State of Tennessee. The guy said he thought they came out of a school house, but not really sure. The other two were just a couple of primitive chairs that I really liked the look of. These two will get recovered, while the other 4 will stay pure wood. They too will be stripped, sanded and stained though. J and I took it all to his parents house last night, and got a start on them today.
We cut new wood for the seats, and covered them with red fabric, and we sanded down all the chairs. J is planning on stripping the chairs Wednesday. I am going to attach a few pictures, but they were taken with my blackberry so they aren't that great. Hopefully I will remember to take my camera next time and get better pictures.

Here are three of the chairs...the other three look just the same


The leaf to the table

The Legs

The Metal Tag


& The Table


The underside of the table

Goodnight all!!!
Tiffany

2 comments:

  1. this is gonna look awesome! right up my alley! can't wait to see it all finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! That is a big project, but very rewarding! Can't wait to see the finished products!

    ReplyDelete